Hokkaido JR Pass Simple Itinerary in Summer (Part 2)


Day 5,
Went to Asahikawa from JR Sapporo Station at 9:30. You can go to the zoo by taking a bus from Asahikawa station. If you do not want, then you can continue to take local train to go to Asahikawa Ramen Village. However, if you want to taste the local ramen from Asahikawa that is more delicious than Ramen Village, please ask at tourist information counter and they will give you several options. I chose to try Tenkin Ramen about 20 mins walking from Asahikawa station. After that you can strolling around the city such as Tokiwa Park, 7-jo Green Belt , Heiwa Dori. Maybe not much to see for me. Other than Otokoyama Sake Brewery Museum.

 
 

Continued my journey to Bibaushi for visiting Shikisai No Oka. It was 20-30 mins walking from Bibaushi station. You also can rent a bicycle there and going around. Returned back via Furano Station, and had one hour waiting for our next train. I walked around Furano in that afternoon.

 
 
 

Day 6,
I just planned to go to Farm Tomita on that day and wanted to go cycling in Biei. Reached in Nakafurano Station, and walked to Farm Tomita around 20-25 minutes. It was quite a journey due to sunny day. Some people may take taxi in front of the station, but sometimes you need to wait quite until few taxis come again. I only saw one taxi when I reached there which was already taken by other family with kids, so I chose to walk. When we reached to Farm Tomita, I felt like winning a lottery ticket. "Finally I can sit down and rest my legs", when I stepped to see, I saw an ice cream booth (* o *) wowww, my eyes went sparkling. Instead of resting my legs, I lined up to order ice cream. I tried Lavender ice cream. Yummy. There are a lot of stalls where you can buy ice creams or fresh fruits. I walked around Farm Tomita to take some pictures. Only few flowers were blooming at that time. (T^T) It's okay! After had enough ice creams rest, we went back via Biei. I was excited because I wanted to rent a bicycle to see "Seven Stars Tree", "Parent and Child tree", "Mild Seven Hills", "Hokusei no Oka observatory" and "Patchwork no Machi". I went to nearest store from the station and waited until my turn. The owner explained to me that the road to go there was closed due to an accident. oh nooooo! I went out with a sad feeling.

 
 
 


Day 7,
Seventh day, I planned to explore Sapporo city with one day pass. One adult ticket for one day pass is 830¥. I could go to Ishiya Chocolate Factory, Miyanooka Park, Nakajima Park, Sapporo Clock Tower, Sapporo TV Tower, Odori Park, Former Hokkaido Government Office, Tanukikoji Shopping Street.


 

When I reached to Ishiya Chocolate Factory or Shiroi Koibito Park, they were still under construction. You could not see the process of making chocolate in their factory, so they give people free of charge to enter! It is a good place to take pictures, have some snacks and please try their ice cream. It is really delicious with soft texture. You also could buy snacks as souvenirs. Nearby Ishiya Chocolate Factory, there is Miyanooka Park, I went there to see a small temple. Just curious. Continued to Nakajima Park for less than an hour because it was drizzling and windy. 



 

After Nakajima Park, I continued to explore some places in Odori Park, which you can find Sapporo TV Tower, Former Hokkaido Government Office. You also can walk to Sapporo Clock Tower within walking distance from Sapporo TV Tower, but it was under renovation as well by the time I visited there. (T^T) I could only take pictures from outside. After that, I went to Tanukikoji Shopping Street to find some snacks and souvenirs. AGAIN AND AGAIN because why all of Japanese food and snacks are delicious.

  

Day 8,
Totally resting and relaxing day. We only explored Tanukikoji Shopping Street for shopping day. For those of you who still up exploring the town, you may want to visit Sapporo Beer Museum and Asahi Beer Factory. Reservation is needed. Other option is to visit Hokkaido University, Mt. Moiwa or Moerenuma Park for sightseeing.

Day 9,
Got up early to go to airport by bus, because JR train does not operate at 5 AM. If you have morning flight, take Hokuto Airport Limousine Bus, there will be a sign on the bus. The bus stop is located across Sapporo JR Station, near the corner and if you stand on the bus stop, you would be able to see the JR Station's clock in front of you (a bit on your right side). People will bring their luggages as well as they line up.
Touched down safe to Jakarta!

---End of Journey---

Cheers,
Xiaofen89

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hongkong Macau Trip in May 2013 - Short Itinerary

Seoul Zoo - Taman Safari Indonesia