Australia Major Cities: Gold Coast (part 2)

Previously from Melbourne, I flew to Gold Coast in the morning and reached there in the afternoon because I got the non-direct flight (I booked it just 1 week before, you should book it earlier if you have planned everything). You will get complimentary drink and mini snack. They also sell snacks if you still want more.

Touched down Gold Coast Airport~
I had been waiting for the baggage~ Waiting~ waiting~ and waiting~ but 1 of them had kidnapped never come. I needed to queue for baggage claim (I took Virgin Airlines). Just told the staff that my baggage was maybe left out somewhere. She said hold on and there was another staff bringing a lot of luggages. She checked and mine was there. She told me that my luggage couldn't miss the flight so it had reached earlier with different flight. Hahahaha. She knew how to joke. Thank you!


Got everything~ I took brochures and flyers about Gold Coast. The next thing was I chose Uber to go to my hotel. I suggest if you travel more than 3 people, take Uber or Taxi straight to where you stay. If you want to save some money, use Gold Coast Bus 777 with Go Card or Go Explore card or just ticket. For what I know, Go Explore card costs 10AUD per day then you can travel any where as long as it's inside Gold Coast with bus and light rail (or tram). If you travel not so far away, you can just buy Go Card. You can use either Go card or Go Explore card to go to Movie World, Dream World, Sea World, My world. It just located right the exit door from domestic baggage area, cross the road then you will see a bus signage.

The journey from airport to Surfer's paradise area is around 30 mins and that will be the same thing if you take a bus. I can say no traffic jam and the city is just for vacation mood for me. It was so peaceful and windy. I could see beach view on my way to the hotel. Look on your right. The Uber driver used Range Rover and that was my first time to have a woman as my Uber driver. She was so fun to talk with~

Checked-in. Walked around surfer's paradise. (Not being active because maybe woke up early). Had dinner then bought some snacks then went back to hotel to rest.

Second day in Gold Coast, bought go explore card from mini mart. The mini mart has an owly Logo. It costs 10AUD. We walked just across the road to take bus to Movie World! Yay~ after about 40 mins, we reached to Movie World. We bought the tickets there. Tips! Don't buy on the spot. It's better to buy online to get discount~ Movie World has a lot of fun rides and also extreme rides. Try all of them. Superman's ride "Escape" was fun. Stunt driver show attraction is really nice to see. You also can take pictures with Batman, Flashman, Superman, Wonderwoman, Joker, etc. We went back around 4:30 PM and we had early dinner in Surfer's Paradise. 


Third day, top up go explore in the tram station, then took a bus to Dream World. We bought the ticket there and please don't follow me. Just buy online to have cheaper ticket price or other promotions. It is almost similar with Movie World but it has its own mini zoo (I call it that). You can find Koalas, Kangaroos, and other animals~ you can hug baby koala for less than 1 minute and get the picture from that. Of course it's not free. We did the same thing to return around 4:30PM and had dinner in Pacific Fair Shopping Mall. We went back and took pictures of Sky Point Observation Deck in Surfer's Paradise.



Fourth day, it was a hot day, I think the sun was just right in front of my face. Walked to Surfer's Paradise beach to take some pictures and then hid under the shadow. We went to Pacific Fair Shopping Mall and bought stuff. I could say it's a mall that has a great ambience. Please check by yourself when you visit Gold Coast.

Fifth day, it was time to go to the next city~ Sydney!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hongkong Macau Trip in May 2013 - Short Itinerary

Seoul Zoo - Taman Safari Indonesia