Princess Island | Pulau Putri | Thousand Island | Indonesia

It's been awhile since I updated my blog.

Therefore, I want to update something related traveling in Indonesia <3. Yayy..
I'm excited to share one of my stories. Not long stories but it's like a summary to share what's there.>> Pulau Putri Short Video << click here

I had couple days for holiday. I went to thousand island for a short trip 3 days 2 nights. Two years ago I had visited Harapan Island / Pulau Harapan in Thousand island. Pulau Harapan or Harapan Island is not a resort, it's more like an island for local people to live. We call it here "pulau penduduk". It's different with resort.

Marina Ancol Pier
I want to try something different in this sudden trip. Therefore, we decided to go to Pulau Putri/ Princess Island in thousand island. I took a package for 3 days 2 nights with one of travel Agent.

We started to go there from marina ancol pier. It is more convinient because you can be there around 7:30 and board by speedboat around 8AM. If you take ferry from Kali Adem, you need to be there at 6 AM.

The speedboat is saving more time to reach your destination, but the price is more expensive than ferry boat in Kali Adem or Muara Angke pier.


Princess Island/ Pulau Putri
Along the way, we had seen the beautiful scenery~ (We saw Pulau Macan, Pulau Harapan, other Pulau that I don't remember the name) with the wind blew strongly, finally we reached to Princess Island. We went down from speedboat and went straight to the reception for check-in. What we could do was exploring around the island and ate lunch time before we could check-in (after 1 PM). We explored around the island and found some facilities.






some people use this place for fishing



You can find "mini tunnel aquarium" where you can see corals and fishes, not really well-cared. If only the glass of the aquarium was cleaned before, I think it would be good. Then I could see a mini waterboom for children to play. 

Tunnel Entrance to Mini Aquarium
Then I saw the tennis court, I asked the receptionist whether I could play tennis there and she said if only I brought the equipment, sure. Next facilities is swimming pool, It is well-cared. Then last but not least, a rental place for kayaking, snorkeling, hoping island, etc. 
Another interesting facility in here is that you will get a glass bottom boat.

Inside Mini Aquarium






























The next day we went for glass bottom boat, because it was low season, we were only 2 people inside the boat. Looks like it was reserved by me, but no.. we were just lucky~ glass bottom boat is only around 30 mins. Then we decided to do Kayaking/ canoeing. We went to another island nearby (around 30 mins to canoe there), then we went circle for Pulau Putri... it was really exhausting because the sun shined really good, so we got sunburnt. 

Glass Bottom Boat

Inside Glass Bottom Boat

what you can see (coral and fishes)











































Then we rested for awhile, continued snorkeling. Yup!!! It was really good to snorkel here! Even phiphi island snorkling area lost. Trust me!! We saw NEMOs! The fishes are not shy with camera (maybe they are narcistic).


View inside snorkeling area
Last day, we decided to use the swimming pool facility. Then continued to snorkel again!!! (I will update the video link soon)

Before we went back, we ate our lunch. All lunch and dinner are buffet style. Be sure that you reach on time so you can take your portion!.hahaha 



Rooms!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hongkong Macau Trip in May 2013 - Short Itinerary

Seoul Zoo - Taman Safari Indonesia